Here is a list of Windows 8 Shortcut Keys.
- Windows Key + C = Open Charm Bar
- Windows Key + D = Navigate to the Desktop
- Windows Key + I = Opens Settings
- Windows Key + R = Open Run Dialog Box
- Windows Key + Q = Opens Windows Search
- Windows Key + X = Open Administrator Tools / Task Manager
I recently came across a interesting problem with the Websense hosted security and allowing just certain streaming videos from YouTube to be viewed. What I came across is that with a website it has a embeded YouTube video in the website and the user needed to play it. By default if you have streaming media blocked you wont be able to access anything on the streaming video site YouTube.
- The setup is they are using the hosted endpoint client installed on the computers.
- In the Websense online program you will login and create a new Custom Category under the Policies Management.
- Name the Category accordingly “YouTube Allowed”
- Add the following sites to the category (please note that these may change by site)
- youtube.com/embed/ (youtube unique id for video)
- Note that each YouTube video has a unique id so find that id and apply it accordingly.
- Once the custom category is completed go to Policies.
- Select the policy that you are wanting to allow the YouTube videos on.
- In the web policy that you selected click on the “Web Categories” tab.
- Under the custom categories select the YouTube category that you created.
- In the actions section click the “Allow Access” (with the allow access it will ignore any other blocking category.
This is the first revision and will be updated in the future.
I wanted to get others this information to assist them and if you have anything that you want to add be sure to send me a message or comment on this post.
Found a nice Add in for excel to email information out of the sheet or workbook.
The feature that I find handy is the PDF feature for emailing information to someone else.
You can do a selection, workbook, or the sheet.
It expands the capabilities to the email feature in Excel 2007 and 2010.
Having the convenience of the address auto complete option in outlook is very handy. But when you move to a different computer those auto complete addresses do not follow you like all them emails do.
Steps to move the auto complete address to your computer are as follows.
- Close Outlook program
- On the computer with the saved auto complete name list. Open the folder location where the outlook files exist.
Open Control Panel -> Mail -> Show Profiles -> Select your Profile -> Click Properties -> Data Files
Under the file names list is the location of your outlook files on the computer.
- Copy the “(profile name).nk2” file.
Save to a network share or thumb drive to move to new computer.
- On the new computer Copy the “nk2” file to the outlook folder location which can be found in step 2.
- If the name of the nk2 file on the new computer is different be sure to delete that file and rename the nk2 file that is being copied over.
This is a quick guide to moving the nk2 files.
This program once installed will go through your installed applications and find insecure, patched and out of service applications.
Very useful in keeping your computer up to date.
To display your build number at the bottom right of your desktop screen do the following.
1. Open the native Registry Editor by typing regedit in Start menu search area and hitting Enter key.
2. Next, navigate to the following key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop
3. In the right side, look for the entry named PaintDesktopVersion.
4. Double-click on the same entry and change it value to 1 to get the build number on desktop. To remove the build number, make it as 0.
5. Reboot computer once completed.
From Freewaregenius.com has updated their Top 30 Freeware Programs
Top 30 Freeware Programs
Ability to change the view of your single Monitor Screen into multiple Views.
Acer Website Details
Write up on FreeWare Genius
Softpedia Download Link
With Google releasing their DNS Server for people to use to resolves names of internet addresses. There has been the question of what DNS Server is right for you.
Here is a DNS Testing program that will check multiple DNS entries.
I had to add the Google 22.214.171.124 and 126.96.36.199 addresses to the test.
In my initial tests it was saying that OpenDNS is my best option.
What did you get?