In zabbix the icmp pinger is a process that pings your hosts or devices that you have added to the system. What I have found is that it will fall behind when you add more hosts for it to ping such as printers, servers, computers, network devices.
I have found that increasing the value of the StartPingers in the zabbix configuration file will solve this issue.
- SSH into your zabbix server and enter your login credentials.
- Edit the “zabbix_server.conf” file (vi /etc/zabbix/zabbix_server.conf)
- Find the section “Option: StartPingers”
- Edit or add a line of “StartPingers=(value)”
- Save the file “:qw”
- Restart the zabbix server (service zabbix_server restart)